Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Aliyah The Pretty

Remember the dangdut club that was named after a song and one that I would always be chilling in: apart from the Joget House a few kilometers away. Or that I also went prancing to one or a few other and of similar establishments. A writer always embellishes and the facts and occurrences relied upon can never be too correct as time and memories do fade. But innermost the song titled joint I would always observe Aliyah the tall and pretty hostess,would always converse with her,lending ears to little tales of her kampong and tad girlie gossips. Was also quite close to her and would also booked her for an hour or so - to dance and for dangdut company. Could have been lovey lovey but she had someone then and they were planning to get formal plus her short stint as hostess was only for dough and wedding expenses. So everything was cool and platonic and nothing untoward occurred. The fact also that I enjoyed being with her and chatting about anything that much revolves around her. Being curious I also had glimpses of what the girls day and night lives could be like. And from what I could gather they were just people: as worldly and mundane - sometimes emotional and at times sentimental - even though they dance for a living. However so there were the wealthy patrons and the girls if disappeared from clubs, they would always be marrying these men with means. Aliyah married her longtime boyfriend from what I heard and soon after, completely vanished from the dangdut scene. She was forgotten and nobody asked about her. Seldom that I go dangduting post my frequenting the tune called club and if I did go many new and young girls that I came across. Dangdut also has been so long that the grind keeps churning without significance and much less of history and priceless lessons. Just entertainment quite quaint and piquant. Yet about fifteen years later, I met one of her hostess buddies in SM and somewhat from being acquainted with her again, my thoughts came to Aliyah and I immediately inquired about her. Oh you remember said her friend " How sweet she continued ". "Well she's divorced now, continued her pal" "And in fact worked for a while in SM a few months back but a wealthy patron took fancy to her and proposed". "She accepted and even happily married now". "She did it for her kids she said"!

No comments: