Tuesday, April 2, 2013

When The Singer Asks To Dance!

     Hasheem smiled when quipped that I do not have to do bookings anymore as Fawzia can always invite me to dance with her whilst singing and further uttered that she may have tender thoughts for me. I smiled back and answered that that couldn't be the case as her beau would always be there for her but Hasheem retorted by exclaiming that he had heard that they have actually broken up. I did not answer but I too have overhead the same. May only be of no consequence to me as I and Fawzia are best of buddies and she knows quite surely of my love for dangdut boogeing and maybe it was just her way of appreciating the dance genre that she invited me and of late to dance along with her when crooning on stage. Well the dance floor is only a few inches higher and at the back of the dance floor and she would just walk a few steps forward and there she would be a few feet in front and I would only reciprocate her steps when she signaled to join. People don't even look as I would be like a flower pot in the dangdut joint being almost every evening situating myself inside the club and always conversing with the staffs,band boys and the girls and they can only guess that I was more like a part of the entire team. Even Hasheem too and there weren't any scandals as such that we would be involved in. Regular faces that bring no stories about and ordinary as to be actually harmless. Hasheem also is close to Fawzia. We knew all of them and attended invitations and coming over for Hari Raya year after year. And one thing that Hasheem and I both surmised that the dangdut gals can really cook!

No comments: